Our Experience with popular CMS – WordPress, Joomla & OpenCart
If you really want your business to thrive, you need to choose a good CMS. But, among the plethora of options it may be a real challenge to make that choice. If you’re considering to use an open source solution, read about our experience with one of the most popular CMS – WordPress, Joomla and Open Cart.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a free and open-source content management system based on PHP and MySQL. Features include a plugin architecture and a template system.
We can easily say that WordPress is the best open source website platform because it’s user friendly, easy to manage by a non professional & basically can build any type of website. With WordPress you can use free themes, plugins, widgets etc.. There are some plugins which you need to buy but for normal type of website you can use any free plugin or widget.
- The version of the theme or plugin what you will use for your website needs to be compatible with the version of the OS – WP.
- This peace of open source platform is optimized very well but mostly depends on the vendor that sells or creates the themes and plugins.
- Requires updates for plugins , themes and whole WordPress platform and for clients good it’s better if they follow and do all updates daily when wordpress requires
- Fast installation just create MySql and it will take few minutes…
- The installation of this open source platform depends on your hosting provider or server operation system
- It’s not complicated at all you can do it with few clicks…
It’s no surprise that WordPress is today’s most used and popular CMS for various industries.
What is Joomla?
Joomla! is a free and open-source content management system for publishing web content, developed by Open Source Matters, Inc. It is built on a model–view–controller web application framework that can be used independently of the CMS.
Joomla is open source software, and according to us it’s much more complicated than WordPress where you need to have some advanced knowledge in this poopular CMS. There is extensions that can be used while you are building your website but still it will confuse you in some hand if you are not knowledge’d person in this area.
- Well optimized code
- Faster than wordpress in some cases
- enough secured
- Require daily updates
What is OpenCart?
OpenCart is an online store management system. It is PHP-based, using a MySQL database and HTML components. Support is provided for different languages and currencies. It is freely available under the GNU General Public License.
OpenCart by our experience is super open source and popular CMS – web platform for building online stores.There is so much free extensions and easy to manage. It’s user friendly and easy to understand all the stuffs inside.There is problem if you are not that much experienced person and you might want to make custom design or theme you will need to read about html/css, php and OpenCart part. There is versions and your module, extension or theme need to be compatible with the version installed on your server / hosting.
If you need concrete help for building website in any of those popular CMS website platforms (Open Source) feel free to contact us for assistance Contact Us .